Friday, August 3, 2012

Have you ever been so drunk...

That you tried to stab someone?

If you're our dishwasher from last night, raise your hand!
I left about an hour before close, and shortly after ten got a text from the manager to call her ASAP.
So, I'm obviously just sitting in bed on the internet because I have no life, and I call her.
Apparently, our perpetually drunk dishwasher - who's sometimes verbally argued with coworkers but is usually aware enough of what he's doing and does a pretty good job, at that - had a little too much.
The cook went over to his area to get a pan or something and the dishwasher went after him. The cook didn't fight with him or anything, just grabbed him enough to try and get him out of the diner.
Then the dishwasher grabbed a knife and started swinging it, catching the cook on the hand, unfortunately not too badly. Anyway, the owners were called and I'm not sure how, but between the couple men that were there, they managed to get him out.

I knew his drinking was getting a little worse lately, but I never imagined it would escalate to something like that. The dishwasher lives in the employee house and has been fired and brought back multiple times - I wonder what will happen now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment