Sunday, June 11, 2017

Well, I learned something new.

So, we have this weird couple. They're nice enough... just weird. And cheap. And talk too much. But at least they know what they want, so as long as you don't get sucked into conversation, they're fairly low-maintenance.

I have the guy by himself, and he orders a flatbread. When I bring it out, he says,
"Oh, I meant to tell you to have them cook it light. I don't like the burnt edges." (the edges get crispy due to it being such a thin crust)
Which is completely fair, and I was pleasantly surprised when he didn't accept my offer to make him a new one.
"No, no, I'll just have to remember for next time!"
Which was five minutes later. I warned the cooks, and switched out his plate (the burnt pieces torn off and uneaten) with the lightly cooked one, which he agreed looked much better.

Then he told me why he doesn't eat the burnt. Because APPARENTLY, he read somewhere that when food gets black like that, it gives you cancer. I paused.
"What?"
"Yeah! Eating that will give you cancer!"
"I... really doubt that. Anything else right now?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment