Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pay attention!

I think I've written about this before, but please pay attention to your server!
Last night, a table of two ladies (that weren't mine) were staring at me. I went over and asked if they needed something.
"Can you get our waitress?"
"Well, is it something I can do for you?"
They wanted me to heat up a dish. Fine, I did.
Later on, they were staring at me again. I go over.
"Are you our waitress?"
Uhm... no. Your waitress is a middle-aged brunette and I am a 20-something blonde.

How can you be so unaware of your surroundings, or put servers so low on the totem pole that you honestly think anyone in an apron is the same person?

6 comments:

  1. OMG, I know, right?
    I have had customers hand me a tip, and say, "you were our waitress, right?" Makes me wonder if any less than scrupulous fellow servers have gotten a tip intended for me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I never thought of that! I always figure out who the tip actually belongs to, but maybe some of my stiffs weren't actually stiffs....

      Delete
  2. This happens to me all the time, but it's even more hilarious when it happens to my husband! He is the only male server in the place we work, and I certainly don't mind when his tables ask me to get things for them (or vice-versa) as we have tons of regulars who mostly know we are married and tend to work as a team when our sections are even remotely close to one another. But when one of his tables flags down (for example) the petite 20 year old waitress with long blonde hair thinking she is their server...um, no, your server is the 250 pound MAN who is in his 40's and has short hair and glasses! How people can be so un-aware of what is happening around them is completely beyond me. Good post as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I mean we used to have two waitresses that looked very similar at a glance - short brown hair, similar body type, blue eyes - and that's understandable.
      But to confuse a MAN and a WOMAN? that's just embarrassing!

      Delete
  3. Of course you may be ruling out some fairly simple solutions; Myopia, Alzheimers, Alcohol and Native Stupidity.
    http://complaintothemanager.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. People are just idiots. I was constantly getting mixed up with one of the other servers - she's an inch taller than me, brunette (I'm blonde), absolutely no facial similarities, totally different attitudes. Our only similarity? Both fat!

    ReplyDelete