Monday, October 17, 2016

I like to have knowledge about the menu.

But I haven't eaten everything on it! I don't eat meat, and I feel like a real heel when someone asks me how the ribs or a steak are. "oh, I don't know, I'm a vegetarian."

I usually stick with, "it's one of our most popular" or "I've never had any complaints!"
I try to be straight with my customers, and they usually appreciate the honesty. I tell them I've never had it myself.

I still think it's strange to ask, "is this good?" or something like that. You might like well-done steaks while your partner likes them rare, sometimes people put a lot of salt on their food and some people have dietary restrictions. I love pickles, my best friend hates them. How can you ask a blanket statement such as, "is this good?" and expect your server to know what your tastebuds enjoy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment