Thursday, February 8, 2018

"the restaurant wasn't even busy, there were seats open!"

I don't even know where to start with this. I was just diddling around on Yelp, unable to sleep, and I can't believe how many complaints there are about a ten minute wait when there are "plenty of tables open."

First, there are closed sections.. You can sit at one of those tables, bud, but there's no server assigned there to take care of you.

Second, there are limited people. Maybe someone called out. Maybe it's a new server who can't handle that many tables.

Can you not wait ten minutes for a table with a server that will be able to pay attention to and take care of you? Oh, no, you'll be too busy complaining they took too long with your salad without realizing that they had to run halfway across the restaurant, out of their section, to get your extra side of mayo. See you on Yelp, bitches!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see a post from you!! And yes, it's totally annoying when people do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you again! When I worked as a host, this was my biggest pet peeve from customers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel for the hosts, they have to be a million places at once and listen to the servers begging for more tables, or less tables, and not to mention the customers!

      Delete