Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Working six days a week.

It wears on you. I no longer put up with the 'original jokesters,' and you know who I mean.
"Anything else for you today?"
"The winning lottery numbers?! HAHAHAHA."
They get a raised eyebrow and silence.

Today I had one of those, coupled with racism and inappropriate questioning.
"Are you in high school? College? Wow! What are you studying? what can you do with that?"

Deal breaker was when I mentioned something major related, and he brought up Indian reservations.
"No sir, not Native Americans, African-Americans."
"Is that the same as Negro?"
Ohhh. "Well, we prefer to use a term more up-to-date and politically correct."

So I was no longer even tolerating him.
He had ordered meatloaf with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes with gravy. For some reason, the cook had put brown gravy on the potatoes.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't even notice. Did you want mushroom gravy for the potatoes? I can run right back in."
"Oh, no, it's fine, it'll just come out your tip. Haha, hur hur."
"No problem.. I wasn't expecting much anyway."

0 comments:

Post a Comment