Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sometimes you can't help yourself.

I don't like rednecks. I don't like their dirty clothes, dirty faces, dirty jokes, etc.
We have one group, three couples total I believe, that come in various combinations. They are all.. so special. They've been.. tolerable so far. They leave 18% usually, and as long as I'm in a good mood and don't take them too seriously I only get mildly annoyed.
However, for some reason, when three of them came in on Monday, I just was not having it. We were busy and already had my pissy pants on. So I grabbed their drinks and their food order with minimal interaction, and got it started. The woman (who honestly seemed a little drunk, she kept putting her head down on the table) ordered a roast half chicken, which takes ten minutes when we're not busy. After about five minutes, I noticed they were glaring at me every time I walked by. I smiled, I got refills without speaking to them, I carried on my merry way. About five minutes after THAT, (so we just hit ten minutes on a dinner that would take at least that long on a good night) my MOD says, "Blondie, you need set-ups for table 4."
The head redneck (headneck?) yells across the diner, "YEAH, and we need our dinner!"
MOD and I both looked over in shock, and I couldn't stop myself. "Well, do you want it now, or do you want it to be cooked?"
Luckily it was awesome MOD and she just bust out laughing and we went in the kitchen where I told her the whole story.
Her response? "Fuuuuuck them."

8 comments:

  1. lol! Nice reply! Anyway, why does the restaurant let people in who have dirty clothes etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because, my dear, the customer can do no wrong!

      Delete
    2. There must be some sort of dress code? Surely.....?????

      Delete
    3. Nope. We're a diner. As long as you have on 'shoes' and 'a shirt,' you're in!

      Delete
  2. Haha "Headneck!"

    I especially dislike when you are completely transparent with your guests and they still are just as demanding. One occasion (a busy Saturday evening), I had to tell a party of 6 old windbags in poor spirits that there was a computer error which caused me to have to resubmit their order to the kitchen. It was an extra 5 minutes to wait, but each of them kept taking turns standing up, glaring and snarling, and giving exaggerated shrugs as if they didn't know why they had to wait. In that situation, I could only stop what I was doing, walk over to the one angriest guy, and say "Can I help you with something?"

    He grimaced hardcore, even more pissed than before, and said "Are we gonna get our dinner?" to which I replied "Surely you didn't think I'd forgotten?"

    As soon as I said that, their meals started filing out of the kitchen towards the table as if on cue. I ended up snidely apologizing to the man for his group having to wait "ever so slightly longer than expected."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the passive-aggressive is strong with this one!

      Delete
  3. I think you are confusing "rednecks" with "trashy" people. I married a redneck and have 2 redneck boys and I can assure you, when we choose to go out to dinner, they do *not* wear dirty clothes, they do *not* have dirty faces and they do *not* tell dirty jokes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion, that doesn't put them in the redneck category!
      But however you classify your family, I'm glad you all behave yourselves in a restaurant and my fellow servers do too!

      Delete