Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blondie's Sunday Night (Morning) Pet Peeve #5

I know this has been written about many a-time, but I can't resist.
It drives me freaking cuckoo bananas when I have this conversation:
Customer: "What soups do you have today?"
Blondie: "Our soups of the day are chicken noodle and cream of broccoli, but for an extra charge you can have fried onion or chili."
Customer: "Do you have split pea?"

This can be applied to many different scenarios, which all drive me equally batty. Vegetables, breads, etc. Looking dejected and asking for something I didn't list is not going to change my answer. It's not like when you visit your hookers downtown and you have to tell the truth if they ask you if you're a cop (is that even true?).

I would not lie to you, at least not right off the bat. Now that you have asked me a stupid question, I hate you and will subtly exact my revenge.

3 comments:

  1. It's like the naming off of the beers - and they listen and then say "Can I have an Amstel" Did I say Amstel [no] and why not ask before I reeled off the whole list if you were looking for Amstel. Jeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I would not lie to you...at least right off the bat"...I LOVE that little addition to your statement. I feel the exact same way. In some situations where a customer criticizes my honesty and I've BEEN completely 100% truthful I just say "Hey, I make two dollars an hour, they don't pay me enough to lie to customers".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Police officers do not have to identify themselves. They are not required by law to do so. It isn't entrapment because entrapment requires that they entice you to do something you wouldnt ordinarily do..getting a hooker is what the perp wanted to do. This misconception is probably one of the reasons why so many stupid criminals get caught.

    ReplyDelete