Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Night Reasons I Like My Job #1

This weekly column stuff is neat. If only I could come up with catchier titles.

I like my job because of one manager. She does not take shit. She will not let the girls be lazy, or the customers be assholes. A lot of the girls won't work with her because they think she's 'mean,' but they are pussies.
For instance, I had a table of crotchety old people. You know, the ones that are mad because they're fucking old as shit and you still have many years ahead of you. Years without canes, pill routines, and smelling like old.
They interrupted me when I was speaking, spoke to me as if I were beneath them, etc. They were very specific about their ice cream having whipped cream and a cherry, with an unspoken "if you can handle that."
I told our manager they were assholes and I was going to tell them we were out of cherries (we weren't). She shrugged and said "Make sure they can't see them in the pie case when they walk out."


It's the little passive-aggressive things that get me through the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment