Monday, May 2, 2011

Blondie's Sunday Night Pet Peeve #7

Yes, I know it's Monday morning. So sue me.

This post is about the new cook, again. He pisses me off.

I hate when people try to tell me how to do my job like I haven't been waitressing for six years, at this restaurant for four.

I have a church group of 10-20 maybe every other Sunday. They are fairly simple and I have gotten serving them down to an art. Preparing the bread baskets, salads, and drinks as I see them come in to make my life easier. They usually order dinners and tip 30%, so I can make from 20-40 dollars for an hour's worth of pretty easy work.

Last night, I get their orders and get their food out. One of the kids says "Oh, I didn't want a chicken cheesesteak, I wanted a regular cheesesteak." An adult who only ordered a cup of soup decides to eat the chicken cheesesteak and I go to put an order in for a regular cheesesteak.
New cook says to me, "But you already took their food out."

gee, REALLY? I totally forgot that I loaded up three trays and carried them out to a table five minutes ago. Thank you, twat, for reminding me.

"I know. They want a cheesesteak. Are you going to make it or am I going to have to come back there and do it myself?"

"Well... you have to charge for it."

I FUCKING KNOW WHAT I'M DOING, ASSHOLE.

It was like this all night. "Can I have a side of this?" "Are you going to charge for it?"
No, new cook, I wanted to give stuff away for free in order to eventually run this business into the ground. I don't need this job, I just like to be here five days a week for shits and giggles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment